(This is an ongoing information page we hope to keep expanding, and need your help! Ideas, pictures, etc shared by you to help with this page.)
Most Scout troops are looking for something fun and different to do! They are on quests to earn badges.
Scouts can earn all or part of a badge. Senior Girl Scouts can earn their Textile Arts badge while Cubettes can earn their Animal Helpers Badge.
Your hosted Scout group visit can include:
Senior Textile Artist
Research two different textile arts; knitting/ crochet, felting, weaving, spinning
1. Chose your textile art
2. Find your tools & materials
What do you need, what's involved
How to read a pattern - crochet/knit
How to make a weaving loom
3. Learn the basics
4. Make something for everyday use
5. Create a gift or item for special occasion
Animal helpers badge
Learn about the many ways animals help people
1. Explore connection between people and animals
2. Find out how animals keep people safe
3. Know how animals help people emotionally
4. Check out how animals help people with disabilities
5. Learn how animals might help us in the future
Host group on your farm. Charge $15+ depending on items/time you offer.
Contact your local Girl Scout group to put an notice/ad in their newsletter.
TBD - help! with your experience and ideas!